[Mgs] Anti freeze Weep From Head Gasket

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Thu Dec 27 09:37:57 MST 2007

Merl:

You can get some weeping without there being a real leak, BUT here is how  to
check the nuts.

With a cast iron head, retorque at operating temperature.

Do the nuts one at a time. Back them off about 1/3 turn and then bring it  up
to spec again.

If you don't crack them a hair first you will get false values as they  can
take more torque to break loose than they are actually exerting on the  stud.

Bill

In a message dated 12/27/2007 8:04:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,