[Mgs] Anti freeze Weep From Head Gasket

Valda and Merl Rosenthal mvrose at charter.net
Thu Dec 27 09:10:24 MST 2007

I just completed the rebuild of my MGB. I rebuilt the engine and re-torqued
the head bolts after approximately 300 miles.  After 2,400 miles, I just
noticed a weep of anti freeze coming from the head gasket above my spark
plugs.  I have the following questions:

Is this normal or should I re-torque the head bolts?  Some where I thought I
read this was normal on an MG.

If I re-torque do I do it hot or cold?

If I re-torque do I loosen all the head bolts and start over or do I re-torque
from there current torque values?

Any guidance would be appreciated.  I have also included some pictures of my
restoration

Merl Rosenthal

1980 MGB

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of large card 003.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of finish 047.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_0529.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_0524.JPG]