[Mgs] brakes

James Schulte schultejim at msn.com
Tue Dec 4 07:07:20 MST 2007

I've always had success bleeding brakes even on my MGC. But, my 70 B is
really giving me a tussle. I have braided lines in the front and a simple
rubber line in the back. I've always used a peddle pusher whom would press
on my command after I would open the screw then I would close it and have
them release the peddle. It's always worked on the second or third bleed
after a test drive. But this time it just doesn't want to cooperate. I've
replaced the MC with a new one from Moss. Has anyone had issues with them?
Any blow by in the cylinder. Problem is, I don't see any leak, so how do I
know?
I'm not seeing any leaks anywhere and the air bubbles in the lines go away
with several pumps and releases. Only to come back after a test drive and a
soft peddle upon braking on the road.
If it is a bad hose, how do I tell? Have the pusher depress with the screw
closed? Will the rubber actually bulge? Would this cause air to get in the
line if no leaks are apparent?
I have bled this system 5 times already with no success. I get a firm peddle
after closing the screw and then go for a test drive and it goes back to
being soft. Help!

Jim Schulte
Aquatic Coordinator Souderton S.D.
Co-Secretary Philadelphia MG Club