[Mgs] Weber carb info

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 19:54:10 MDT 2007

List,

I ran across a '77 MGB today that has a Weber downdraft carb fitted. I am
totally unfamiliar with this animal. Can someone direct me to a site that
has information on it?

This car has not been run for a number of years and, although I got it
running, it's very rough. The engine will accelerate smoothly but not hold
any steady speed, idle or otherwise, without severe missing. Since the Weber
appears to have an accelerator pump, it would appear that the fuel
"injected" by this pump is the reason it runs better when blipping the
throttle.

Comments on this Weber conversion?

Any help very much appreciated.

TIA,