[Mgs] The jerk is spamming the list

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:23:50 MDT 2007

Earlier I reported that I had received three of these but they did not
come from the list, at least directly. I stand by that. A check of the
archives indicates that he only sent one email directly to the list, the
MG-TC one. The headers on the other two indicated they were sent direct
to me and NOT through the list. However, in checking the archives, I
noticed that subscribers to the list can easily obtain a list of all the
email addresses of the list (306 at present) and that appears to be what
he has done. So cutting him off the server and our list will have no
affect at this point but Mark may have to take out the option of
subscriber's access to a listing of everyone's email (granted they are
in the format of "username at domain", a simple edit/replace program can
restore the emails to the correct format).

I haven't seen anymore of his email since this morning (4 hours or so
ago) but that doesn't mean anything.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B