[Mgs] Oil ine fitting - HELP!

Craig Straub craigstraub at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 11 14:36:06 MDT 2007

Hi list,

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I had to go to the hardware store early
this morning.  One of the guys there is a hot rod nut and we started talking
about the problem.  I had a spare oil fitting from my race car that I took
along.

What I ended up doing was getting a brass 1/2" coupler.  I ran a pipe tap
all the way through to make sure I had good threads all the way and try to
get rid of some of the taper in the coupler.  I brought it home, put some
blue locktite on it left it set for a few hours and then I was able to
remore it.  Then I had to put the fitting in a vise to break the brass
coupler loose and then I cleaned up the fitting.

Once again.  Thanks for everyone's advice.

Craig