[Mgs] The Continuing Quest to Cool my MGA

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Mon Aug 6 08:22:13 MDT 2007

Max,

I am always amused at some advise that one gets re thermostats.  My
MGB GT V8 blew right at the gates at the Peace Bridge (on the way to
the British V8 do in Willoughby, Ohio).  The guards were very nice
and pushed me through - but one, an old car chap, said I should
change my thermostat to 190 instead of the 170 !!  This is akin to
people turning the thermostat up (beyond the required temp) in houses
when they wish the house to get warmer quicker!!!