[Mgs] MGs and amateur radio

William Killeffer wkilleffer at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 21:37:40 MDT 2007

Hello,

I got my license 11 years ago when I started dating a young lady who
was also licensed, along with most of her family. It seemed like fun,
and her father generously loaned me a nice Yaesu HT so I would have
something to talk on once we found my call sign on the Arkansas
database. About seven years ago, I was able to buy my Icom IC-W32a,
which has been a great unit even if the battery longevity seems short
at times. Back in those days, the traffic on the local repeaters was
much heavier than it is now, and one featured a member's plan that
allowed phone patch use.

As far as vehicles go, I drive a 1974 MGB and ride a 2003 Royal
Enfield Bullet.

Thank you,
William Killeffer
wkilleffer at comcast.net