[Mgs] Moss Big Brake Kit

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 4 18:28:49 MDT 2007

On a very warm afternoon last summer I experienced this phenomenon -- it was
a spirited run in the California coast range in the company of a couple of
911s and a highly modified BMW 2002 (it had a 3-series 6, among other
things). I was striving to uphold the honor of Her Majesty's automobiles,
and not doing too badly (one of the Porsches actually pulled over for me).
But on the downhill section the brakes faded rather badly (admittedly if I
wasn't being balked so often I would not have had to use them nearly so
agressively), so that I was very relieved to reach the bottom of the hill
via the tarmac (as opposed to airborne express).

But for general use I find they serve adequately. I can't even remember a
situation in which I had to get on them hard enough to lock up, which is
certaily not the case with my other car.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149