[Mgs] The Continuing Quest to Cool my MGA

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 10:48:16 MDT 2007

In a message dated 04/08/2007 9:21:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Wilkmanracing at aol.com writes:

I'm  thinking of ordering from Moss, a radiator shroud, felt pad for the
bonnet (the old one is gone), water wetter, and an oil cooler.  With  regard
the oil coolers, they offer models with from 10 to 19  rows.  I'd  appreciate
any
thoughts as to the potential  effectiveness of these items.   Also, where
should the timing be  set?  I'm thinking this may be a factor   too.

The pad is a very good idea and the shroud will help if you don't mind the
look.  The oil cooler may or may not affect the water temp much. The other
thing I assume you've done is to have the rad boiled. You may also want to have
a modern short neck put on it and run a 15 lb. cap.

Bill