[Mgs] Moss Big Brake Kit

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 4 02:30:59 MDT 2007

It probably *is* optimal - for an unmodified MGB, standard tyres and normal
road use - with the possible exception of fade should one drive with gusto
down a long mountain pass.  The best possible by today's standards?  Of
course not.  But as has been said several times, and you seem to be
ignoring, stopping performance depends on tyres and road surface more than
it does brakes.  The biggest brakes in the world aren't going to make the
slightest difference to your stopping distance if your car is shod with 155
or 165 14s.  I'll say again, if *you* can't lock *your* front wheels (with
standard tyres) with progressive pedal pressure on dry tarmac then there is
something wrong with *your* brakes or *you* aren't pushing hard enough.

So what I seem to be hearing is that the MGB brake system is optimal and
there is no sense in seeking ways to improve it.