[Mgs] Death Trap

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 1 10:46:03 MDT 2007

Machine image recognition. The software "bots" could read it if it were in
plain text -- it is scrambled so that it takes an effort of judgment
possible only through human perception. Software today is capable of
recognizing individual faces in photographs, for example. What it isn't
necessarily capable of doing is determining if that person is happy or sad
or angry in the particular photograph -- but it's getting there. These
"captchas" are just an attempt to keep in front of the AI.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149