[Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 02:25:49 MDT 2010

That, and a foam strip between the rad itself and its mounting diaphragm.  I
must have run my roadster for 15 years before fitting that foam strip (it
always had the rubber strip) but was surprised to see it makes a noticeable
difference.  I think all rear-mounted radiators had the foam strip, but only
from Mk2 was the rubber strip provided, according to the Parts Catalogue.
Forward mounted radiators didn't have either, but the under-bonnet felt
sound-proofing is pretty close to the top of the rad.

PaulH.