[Mgb-v8] Fitting a radio

Wayne Kube wkube at augustmail.com
Fri May 22 09:29:35 MDT 2009

Barrie -

That's where I mounted my front speakers - in those kick panels.  One
negative reason (other people may come up with mores that it might be
susceptible to moisture on the back side of your speakers, if the wheel-well
panel seals aren't water tight.  But, then you want that anyway to keep out
the moisture for rust prevention.  You can sort of see the speaker in the
kick panel in this photo, as well as where I mounted the rear speaker.
These are 6" speakers.  I really like the sound - a lot better than 4"
speakers in the doors, that I had previously.

Wayne Kube
Plano, TX

'79 MGB V8 3.9L EFI "Hobbes"
Logan Lathe Model 1925