[Mgb-v8] Fitting a normal MGB Bonnet

Mark Trosper markies at tx.rr.com
Thu May 21 16:07:29 MDT 2009

I have a Triumph TR8 engine in my 79 MGB.  I have a Edelbrock 2198 intake
manifold with a Holley 4160 sitting on top.  I have a 10 Edelbock air
cleaner on top of that.  The engine has motor mount brackets from D&D.  This
set up requires a hole in the bonnet with a cowl induction scoop above the
hole.  From the closest measurement I can take, I have 2 < distance above
the carb flange to where a bonnet without a hole would be.  I would like to

Some of you that have a bonnet without a scoop have used a factory 215
intake.  I measured one against my Edelbrock and found negligible difference
in height.  Besides the carb mounting holes dont match my Holley 4160.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish my goal?

Mark T.

McKinney, TX

 '79 MGB Rdstr V8 "Darla"