[Mgb-v8] Carb to dizzy connection

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 04:20:44 MDT 2008

I quite agree, they only really differ at idle, in all usual driving
conditions they are the same (see my tests at
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_ignitionframe.htm and click on 'Vacuum_Advance
- Carb_vs_Manifold').  Many people get hung-up on their being different
distributors for manifold source and carb source.  It's quite true that North
American engines and distributors changed when the source changed, but they
changed just about every year as the factory were continually chasing the
moving target of emissions levels!  UK cars didn't change until much later on,
but kept the same engine and distributor when they did, in fact for the whole
of rubber bumper production.

PaulH.