[Mgb-v8] Fuel Pump Woes

Rick Huber hubrick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:23:49 MDT 2008

Wow, thanks everybody.  A treasure trove of information on fuel pump
applications for my V8 B.  Nobody seems to think that the mounting location
is the source of the problem, so I'll continue with the Airtex E16S, but
carry a spare for a couple of months.  To those who had other ideas,
suggestions, I have done everything else I could think of - blew back into
the gas tank, looked for trash and found none, replaced the suction hose and
filter before the fuel pump, get great flow to the carb with a new pump
installed, so don't think the delivery line is restricted.  Sounds like from
many of you that the original SU will work fine, I'll consider that if I
have any more trouble.

Cheers,
Rick Huber
75 MGB V8