[Mgb-v8] Fuel Pump Woes

Wayne Kube wkube at augustmail.com
Tue Oct 14 21:09:06 MDT 2008

For what it's worth, when my 'B still had the 4 cylinder engine, I used one
of the "little square pumps" that I bought at Pep Boys.  It was Purolator
brand name - the low pressure type for the carbureted engine.  Went 10 years
and 70K+ miles without any problems.  It was mounted near the original
location on the panel just in front of the gas tank.  No filter between it
and the tank, but a Purolator glass filter just before the carb.  Never any
problems pulling gas from the tank.  I wouldn't think that where you have
yours mounted would be a big issue pulling gas either, that short distance
from the tank.

Now, I have a high pressure EFI style pump, but that's a whole different
subject.

Wayne Kube
Plano, TX

'79 MGB V8 3.9L EFI "Hobbes"