[Mg-t] original or revised seal kit

Duvall Video Productions mike at duvallvideo.com
Sun Sep 22 11:33:19 MDT 2013

John,  If you have some clarity on the differences more details would be
appreciated.

Ron,  I have been studying what to do as my car leaked much worse after the
kit install.

I tried emailing Moss about the differences but their tech support is so bad
they don't actually answer your questions about what is different. They did
say you could order the parts individually but entering the part numbers into
their web site returns "no matching product"  and I didn't even get a response
when I asked about price on that part.

Here are the new instructions:
http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/instructions/433-421_980-379_INST
.pdf

It appears part# 433-406 Seal Housing Alignment tool is the only difference
aside from the much better and detailed instructions.

>From what I can tell the instructions are much more orderly but the install is
basically the same with the addition of the alignment tool and more additional
information on leakage in general.

Mike

On Sep 22, 2013, at 9:32 AM, John Seim wrote:

> Go to the Moss Motors website, and enter the new part number. You can find
out
> what you need, from the info. There are now 9 pages of instructions. Lawrie
Alexander
> has done quite a write up of how to install the seal. Kit comes with a
spacer, locating jig,
> new seal. Step-by-step instructions.
>
> John Seim
> Irvine, CA
>
> On Sep 22, 2013, at 5:55 AM, Ron Olds wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> The seal kit I used appears to be the old Moss kit (part number 433-415).
This
>> kit seems to be no longer available.  What was changed between this kit
and
>> the new revised 433-421 kit?  Is the new kit better than the one I used?
Does