[Mg-t] TD Engine Pull

BOB GRUNAU grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 18 07:56:58 MDT 2013

Ron,
Personally, I would pull the engine. Much easier to work on the bench then
inside the car trying to remove flywheel, seal up rear main and re-install
the sump.
.
Yes the flywheel can come off, after removing sump, clutch, flywheel bolts
and two alignment pins. Might be easier to remove pins if rear main cap is
off and a drift can be used to access the two tapered pins to tap them
backwards.

Small leak?? maybe live with it??
Bob, Canada
-

Thank you everyone for your input. I thought there wasn't room on the back
of
the engine casting for the flywheel to come off the crankshaft.  From
everyone's input it can be removed.  I need to pull the transmission to get
better idea of what is going on.

Ronald Olds

I have a small leak from my engine as well after rebuilding and installing
the
Moss seal.  I have not disassembled anything to see where the drip is coming
from.  Can someone tell me if the flywheel can be removed with the
crankshaft
installed?

Ronald Olds
_