[Mg-t] TD Engine Pull Rear Oil Seal

WBEECH wbeech at flash.net
Fri Sep 13 07:33:31 MDT 2013

Definitely engine oil, will check all of these when I get it out.

Thx,
Bill

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:43 PM, "Clive Sherriff" <clive.sherriff at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> Bob,
>
> The poor old much maligned rear crank oil seal (perfectly OK if fitted
properly !) is often not the cause of a heavy leak into the bell housing.

> This level of leak could mean that there is a leak from either the core plug
at the back of the cam, or somewhat less likely, the blanking screw at the
rear of the oil gallery.

> I'm assuming you are leaking engine oil, not gearbox oil !
>
> Clive
> Oxford, UK
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "WBEECH" <wbeech at flash.net>

remedy
>>> for this repair/replacement?  I would rather not have to grind the crank