[Mg-t] TD Engine Pull Rear Oil Seal

Clive Sherriff clive.sherriff at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 12 22:43:49 MDT 2013

Bob,

The poor old much maligned rear crank oil seal (perfectly OK if fitted
properly !) is often not the cause of a heavy leak into the bell housing.

This level of leak could mean that there is a leak from either the core plug
at the back of the cam, or somewhat less likely, the blanking screw at the
rear of the oil gallery.

I'm assuming you are leaking engine oil, not gearbox oil !

Clive
Oxford, UK