[Mg-t] XPAG ignition timing instability

lists lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Fri Nov 15 01:22:03 MST 2013

Scott,

how can a maladjusted distributor be the cause for cylinders running rich? I always thought that the carbs were responsible for the mixture.

Eric

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Von	Scott Allen [scottallen3663 at gmail.com]
An	Richard Lindsay[richardolindsay at gmail.com]
CC	mg-t at autox.team.net
Datum	12.11.2013 23:48:14
Betreff	Re: [Mg-t] XPAG ignition timing instability
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Blair Engle who is a member of this list did mine.  He owns the Classic MG
Shop in Tallahasee and can be reached at engle001 at comcast.net.  He also
offers several other rebuild services.

However, please be advised when he did mine he had to replace the case as
well as re-bush it.  It's made of pot metal and the shaft will wear an oval
pattern in it over time rather than staying round, causing the back two
cylinders to run rich no matter what adjustment I made.

~Scott
'52 MG