[Mg-t] Lift-a-dot, etc.

John Crawley alittlemoreink at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:40:24 MST 2013

Hi folks:
Just thought that I would add my method of installing lift-the-dot studs.
When you install them put a small dab of silicon in the hole before inserting
the stud - wipe off excess after the stud is tight. Silicon waterproofs the
metal body from moisture and helps prevent the stud from loosening. Also make
a small rubber washer by punching out a hole in bicycle inner tube rubber the
size of the base of the stud, then a smaller hole in the center for the screw
to go through. This helps with waterproofing and also prevents the stud from
cracking the paint when it is tightened down. Do not over tighten.
Godspeed in Safety Fast
Jc