[Mg-t] TF Wood

gunnellj tds.net gunnellj at tds.net
Sat Mar 2 19:27:55 MST 2013

I removed the gas tank from my TF today in order to get at the two pieces
of wood immediately behind the tank.

These are the tank backboard (Moss 450-875) and the rear bottom rail (Moss
450-880).

While i got the tank out, I could not get the spare tire support off the
car. The center attachment is the problem. There are two brackets welded to
the round frame rail. There is a specer tube between them. It appears that
a single bolt passes through the brackets and the spacer. The bolt appears
to be rusted to the spacer. The nut is off the bolt but I cannot pound the
bolt out. I can turn the bolt but the spacer turns with it. Has anyone had
a problem with this ans how did you solve it? I cannot find any of these
parts in the Moss catalog, so I am not sure I'm describing things
accurately.

I am going to attempt replacement of the tank backboard and the rear bottom
rail without taking the tub entirely apart. How can I slide the backboard
in place. From the top? From the side? Any suggestions, ideas or advice?
I'm sure it is going to take patience, but I think I can do it. As far as
the bottom rail, what holds it in place once it is positioned across the
frame?

Thanks for any help

--

"Gunner"