[Mg-t] over problem

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:19:16 MDT 2011

Gene,
Never had the experience, but it sure sounds like there's a float-related
problem - like gas in the float or an improperly adjusted valve tab on the
float.  Or less likely, grit in the valve.
In fact, I've never had fuel come out of the overflow tubes.  I'm going to bet
on the improperly adjusted tab - it seems unlikely that both floats would have
gas in them, though it is possible  I'm pretty sure the adjustment for the tab
is explained thoroughly in the manual, but basically you just bend it so it
shuts the gas off when the float bowl is full, IIRC.  Should be a simple job
(har, har).

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT