[Mg-t] Steering Rack Issue

John F. Quilter jquilter at peoplepc.com
Sun Oct 9 14:23:40 MDT 2011

For diagnosis you might, jack the car up in the front and turn the wheel
full left and return it to straight.  Then if it binds disconnect the tie
rod ends on both sides from the swivel pins and do the same.  If it still
binds you have determined the issue is in the rack or steering column, and
not caused by a binding of the swivel pins.

John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon