[Mg-t] MG TD Front Shocks

Gunnellj at athenet.net Gunnellj at athenet.net
Fri Jan 23 18:51:07 MST 2009

Hi Mates

Just had the Girling front shocks from my TD rebuilt by World Wide in Madison, Wis.

Look great.

I am a bit confused about the mounting. I didn't look carefully when I removed them and I assumed that the shocks were of "mirror image" design (left-hand and right-hand). Now when I look at them all cleaned up, I see they are identical, rather than mirror image. I also noted they are longer on one side and higher on one side. So, are they mounted on the car slightly off-set?

I guess this will be apparent when I re-mount them, but I'm intrigued by this.

John Gunnell