[Mg-t] Broken Axle

Brian & Jan btsmith at island.net
Thu Jan 22 23:22:38 MST 2009

Stu

You may get other responses here but personally I would give the other axle
a very close inspection if you are going to reuse it. It would probably make
sense to replace both and if the other axle turns out to be in good shape I
would mark it as to which side it came from and then keep it as a spare.
Easy enough to carry along but it would be best to ensure that you have a
new bearing pressed on and have a new axle nut. If you are away from home
and don't want to fit it at the roadside then at least you could have it
towed to a garage who could fit it for you.

Brian