[Mg-t] Source of Rocker Arm Ass'y

Herald1200 at aol.com Herald1200 at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 21:28:29 MST 2009

John wrote:

Anyone have experience with carb pistons that don't go all the way  up
in the bell (suction chamber)? Joe Curto says the piston only rises 3/4"  to
1" and won't get stuck, but my mechanic says the car will have more  power if
the piston doesn't get stuckj when it goes all the way up. We are  sanding
the inside of the bell with 1000-grit paper. It takes a long time.  Any
suggestions?

==AM==
Forgive the obvious suggestion, but is it possible that, somewhere along  the
line, you or a previous owner might have accidentally swapped pistons  and/or
domes? It might be that simple...if you're lucky! (Been there, done  that!)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10  / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

**************Inauguration '09:  Get complete coverage from the nation's
capital. (http://news.aol.com/main/politics/inauguration?ncid=emlcntusnews00000003)