[Mg-t] Source of Rocker Arm Ass'y

Gunnellj at athenet.net Gunnellj at athenet.net
Mon Jan 19 07:35:37 MST 2009

Mates

   The rebuild of the MG TD engine is moving along well. The main problem is we keep saying "while it's apart, why not do this, too?" So the cost is going up as we add in a front end rebuild and rebuilt shocks. But if we didn't, you just know something would break the week after we put the car back together.

   A few weeks ago, when I asked about parts, someone mentioned a source of a completely rebuilt rocker arm assembly. We did that on the Magnette engine (sourced from Scarborough Faire) and it worked great. Who sources the XPAG rocker arm assembly?

   Anyone have experience with carb pistons that don't go all the way up in the bell (suction chamber)? Joe Curto says the piston only rises 3/4" to 1" and won't get stuck, but my mechanic says the car will have more power if the piston doesn't get stuckj when it goes all the way up. We are sanding the inside of the bell with 1000-grit paper. It takes a long time. Any suggestions?

John Gunnell
Iola, WI