[Mg-t] Battery issue

Jim S. aztvr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 08:18:51 MST 2009

I think that you have the answer.  I have heard on another forum about red-top
OPtima's failing early.  These happened on cars with alarms or radios that
draw current constantly.  I have 8 year old Optimas that are still in great
shape; but they have no load on them when the ignition is off.   Get a battery
tender to use while the car is off, if you can plug it in.

Also, I'm not certain; but your charging action sounds normal with a
generator.  I think that the difference you are seeing is exactly the
advantage of using an alternator (plus higher amps for the size)

Regards,
Jim