[Mg-t] Oil filter problem

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:01:11 MST 2008

Hello all,
This seems so ridiculous I'm almost too embarassed to hit "send," but I
recently changed the oil and filter in my '54 TF 1250, as I've done
successfully a dozen times before, and can't seem to get the filter cover to
seat correctly.  When I start the car, oil comes running out of the filter
assembly.  If I tighten the center bolt, it gushes out.  If I loosen the bolt,
it continues to run out.   I did remove the old rubber ring seal and put in
the appropriate replacement.  Even tried swapping the old one back in.

Anyone have any ideas?

I used a Napa 1300 filter, by the way.  Anyone have trouble with these?  I
have picked up a Wix 51300 in case the problem is the Napa filter.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
-Mike Eldred
-Wilmington, VT