[Mg-t] Side Lamp Medallions (red buttons)

Dan imoz at columbus.rr.com
Wed Dec 5 20:00:44 MST 2007

Listers,

This is a question of authenticity for my '54 TF.

I have always thought the red medallion on the chrome side lamps (running
lights) bore the inscription "King of the Road" and nothing else.

I recently purchased a pair on eBay advertised as "Genuine NOS".  They came,
and they look quite plastic, even with teeny tabs that look like over fill
from a plastic mold.  They also bear the inscription, "The MG Car Company".

Are these OK for TD?  Or, are they bad repros from Moss?

Thanks for any info.

Dan Johnson

54 TF