[Mg-mmm] J2 fuel tank mounted reserve valve

Chris Nowlan nowlanc at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 20:14:51 MDT 2017

Hi Sky,

These seals are always troublesome, particularly if the car is laid up for
extended periods which allows the seals to dry out & shrink. Same is true of
P-N valves which are basically the same.

Moss does stock # 589-220 cork seals which are used on early TR2's and early
TR3 that use a very similar valve. The diameter is correct but they are a
bit short, two can be glued together and then the end of the seal needs to
be cut at a 45 degree angle. Before fitting, soak for some significant
period in oil.   As a last resort, consider using silicone caulk to cement
the whole valve together and then rely on the "dipstick method"

Someone was offering Teflon "corks" but can't recall who that was.

Good luck

Chris Nowlan
L2 002