[Mg-mmm] Dynamo removal

Roger Garnett rwgarnett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 20:52:15 MDT 2014

Are they all about the same? My PA is as Sven describes -

Before you start - take pictures of the way the way the flex coupling and
yoke are assembled.

1) Disconnect the battery and remove wires from the dynamo

2) Even if you don't plan to turn the engine of cam while apart - Determine
timing locations! My car was set wrong when I got it, and it ran like crap.
Check the flywheel, distributor, cam position, etc. so you can put it back
again.

3) Remove nuts on the flex coupling. A bit of a swearing, and some creative
wrenches may help here. The upper yoke stays in place on the head.

4) Remove the 4 bolts on the base.

5) Tip out sideways.

Roger