[Mg-mmm] Dynamo removal

Ulla & Sven Ordell bispmotala at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 02:13:46 MDT 2014

No J2 owners out there?

I am an L type owner and I would think it is a fairly easy thing. BUT read
and understand the setting of the camshaft before you dismantle anything it
is very easy to get this wrong.

I find it easiest on the L type with the bonnet(hood) out of the way so off
it goes. Then remove the flexible coupling and its bolts and nuts.
Disconnect electricity remember which wire goes where, disconnect dynamo
from its platform and it should be possible t wiggle it out by turning the
driving forks around, there might be shims underneath the dynamo so watch
out for that.
Also I recommend the MG MMM  register if you have not come across it
 http://www.triple-mregister.org/

Good luck an feel free to mail me directly if this is unclear

Sven
Sweden
L20139 and L 0671