[Mg-mmm] ignition switch re-visited

Carr&Edwards scvc70 at epix.net
Thu Aug 11 10:20:54 MDT 2011

Here's a fine state of affairs!  Two people who certainly should know their
MMM's have different opinions on whether this switch is correct for PA0935:

FP series key
        window shows "1  2  side  head"  [I omitted the 4th position on my
original post,
             so that part of Lew's comment is irrelevant]
        "Lucas" stamped into face (not printed on)
        7 wiring connectors on the back:  F2/D/F1  [top];  L/T/A/H  [bottom]

Lew Palmer says "no" :
    The PLC2 is the right model, however, the switch should have FOUR
positions
and no window. The positions are "Low" or "Summer", "High" or "Winter",
"Side" and "Head". This assumes use of the original cutout/fusebox. F1 and
F2 positions lead to the cutout from whence there is a lead to the field
coil of the dynamo.

Jerry Felper says "yes":
    The 1,2, side, head is the proper switch for the PA.

Does anyone else want to venture an opinion on this???  (I think I remember
seeing a no-window, "Low/High" with my SA parts, but they're long gone).

Sarah Carr
PA0935 in Penna.