[Mg-mmm] Fw: [mg-tabc] Jarvis Midget (Not TA, B or C content)

Roger M. Burnett burnett at wistar.org
Fri Apr 16 07:05:43 MDT 2010

Dear Mike & David:

I just posted your appeal for help to the Vintage Minor Register
forum.  As many of its members have OHC Morris Minors and MG M-types,
maybe there is someone that can help in your search.

Roger Burnett

On Apr 16, 2010, at 12:12 AM, Mike Hughes wrote:

> The following was posted to the TABC list.  I thought that someone
> here might
> be in a better position to help trace a pre-war Midget.
>
> - Mike Hughes  -t?t-
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I have a friend that asked me if anyone would know about a
> particular car he
> had helped restore umpteen years ago. It was a Jarvis Midget based
> on a
> 1930s MG chassis and running gear.
>
> Because of time passed he can't remember if it was a four cylinder
> engine or
> six., nor remember the aluminum body style exactly, but thinks it
> had a
> boattail.
>
> This took place in the Los Angeles, California area about the mid
> '60's.
> In '67 he was transferred to New York so does not know how far the
> restoration got. The owner of the Jarvis Midget has long since died so
> cannot refer back to him, but the owner was Hugh Sutherland
>
> The Jarvis Midget is a new one on me but if anyone has info on this
> model
> and in particular, know of the one once owned by Hugh, my friend
> would be
> most grateful. It is a long shot we know but if any group would have a
> clue, my bet is on the knowledgeable TABCers.
>
> Thanks,
> David Edgar, TC 5108
> El Cajon, California
> djedgar at pacbell.net
>

> --
> This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway.
> http://www.astaro.com

Roger M. Burnett
Apartado de Correos 120
29788 Frigiliana
Malaga, SPAIN
Telephone: +34-952-030-924 | Mobile: +34-606-833-812
E-mail: burnett at wistar.org

2101 Chestnut Street, Apt. 1109
Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
Telephone: +1-215-735-5563