[Mg-mmm] Fw: [mg-tabc] Jarvis Midget (Not TA, B or C content)

Patrick Mullen pmullen at telus.net
Thu Apr 15 18:11:56 MDT 2010

H i David et al,

The Jarvis bodied M-type Midget is, like almost all MG Midgets, a 4-cyl
2-seater; it is a special-bodied version of the first 847cc ohc Midgets made
in 1928-32.
They do not have the standard Midget's boattail - instead the spare is
fitted almost vertical rather like most later Midgets until the MGA, altho
it doesn't have a slab tank.

There are three photos of the model on page 65 of the first edition of Mike
Allison's "The Magic of MG" published by Dalton & Watson in 1972.

My first car was a standard 1932 Midget and I loved it with its Vee
windscreen, boattail, and its powerful engine with all of 20 bhp available;
in 1951 England UF 8475 wd always give me 45 mpg (that's real Imperial 4.5
litre gallon of course). It's still in the (UK) MMM Register.

Hope this helps a little .......... Pat Mullen (1936 MG Magnette NA 0895 -
also in the Register)