[Land-speed] Hovding inflatable bicycle helmet

23weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Tue Feb 25 00:06:42 MST 2014

Anybody here know if any of our suppliers of safety gear for LSR are doing
anything with airbag technology?
I think the Hovding design would need a whole lot of engineering work to make
devices suitable for LSR applications, car or bike.
I just discovered it in of all places the March, 2014, Atlantic magazine pg
30.
Could be useful in low speed off-road rollover situations to supplement belts.
Any kind of speed in a fast moving open vehicle or bike would probably blow
the bicycle product out of useful position.
Links on the Hovding "helmet":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%B6vding
http://www.hovding.se/en/
http://www.hovding.se/en/how_it_works/