[Land-speed] Another Dumb Question 5172...Tread width?

Ed Purinton ecpurinton at wildblue.net
Thu Oct 3 19:04:18 MDT 2013

FWIW,  As defined in the respective '13 rulebooks:

SCTA  page 23,   2.H TREAD:  Tread is defined as the measurement from the
centerline of one tire to the centerline of the opposite tire of paired
wheels.

ECTA  page 16,   2.H TREAD:  Tread is defined as the measurement from the
centerline of one tire to the centerline of the opposite tire of paired
wheels.  The minimum tread dimensions for all Vintage Category vehicles are
44 in. front and 50 in. rear.  Special Construction Category vehicles are
not subject to this rule.

LTA  Page 14,   2.J TRACK [FORMERLY TREAD]:  Track is defined as the
measurement from the centerline of one tire to the centerline of the
opposite tire of paired wheels.  The minimum track dimensions for all
Vintage Category vehicles are 44 in. front and 50 in. rear.  Special
Construction Category vehicles are not subject to this rule.

Ed