[Land-speed] Tires for my Trailer

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed May 16 07:33:16 MDT 2012

As mentioned in one post reply, the failures happen in seemingly random
locations.  Except for the last two. The drivers side middle axle failed
and I never even knew it, lol. It exploded and sen rubber parts
everywhere. Then the trailing wheel was found to be bad also when I was
changing the middle one. It hand not failed but the tread was separating
from the sidewall at the shoulder. Others have occurred on the P side
but always singly.  Common factor seems to be the manner of failure and
that is tread separation at the shoulder of the tire.

When I load the trailer I try and load it somewhat symmetrically.  Motor
of the car is between the first two axles, etc...

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile