[Land-speed] Not LSR; but still.........

23weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 20:34:31 MDT 2012

Neat U-tube flick of onboard camera with sound on Titan rocket during Space
shuttle launch.
Watching it I sensed some of the same feelings I got making a long course
run at the Salt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527fb3-UZGo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
BTW, I have Doug King's Golddigger and intend to run it again under #923
Currently collecting parts to replace what was missing when it got up on the
wall at Doug's shop.  Soon as I make space in my shop it'll go up on my
assembly table for a trial "put together" following which the cutting and
replacing of the roll cage will begin.  Shooting for 2013 Speedweek with as
much flathead (maybe Ardun) as I can get together.
Hardest missing parts to find look like the Champ 11 bolt quickchange
sideplates to adapt the shortened Ford passenger car banjo rear axle
housings. Winters makes them but I need to research if they have any
different mounting dimensions from the originals made by Halibrand (I
think).  I think I'll float this question on Landracing.com.  Folks over
there have been real helpful with other questions.
Ed Weldon