[Land-speed] IN Car Communications

Meierle, Michael D (Mike) mike.meierle at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Jan 19 12:25:41 MST 2012

WiFi doesn't work at over 70 MPH.

Had a Train application for downloading the manifest as it rolled into a yard
using WiFi, The Doppler changes to the frequency as the train approaches a
access point, passes it,  and then goes away from it, is too much variation
over a short time to accurately recover the data.

Sitting still, It works fine.

MIKE MEIERLE
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER
ALCATEL-LUCENT