[Land-speed] ???? Sort

23weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 00:59:35 MDT 2012

Ed - Thanks for your interest in my questions. That's a good tip on the tire
sizes.  I think larger wheels and tires are a reasonable option  to look for.
20% safety factor below the tire rating sounds like good advise, especially
for traveling over hot highways in the summer sun.  I've heard some horror
stories of tire failures on trailers with loads below the tire rating.
I'm paying a lot of attention to weight of the support stuff.  A lot of big
support stuff will ride on the trailer.  Fuel and water jugs, drain pans,
drain oil jug, funnels, tarp and ground cover and canopy material.  Equipment
containers will be lightweight aluminum or plastic.  Plastic tool boxes.   I
plan on a high quality lightweight 1800 watt generator. (This will hide as far
out of sight as I can get it.  Toying with the idea of hiding it in a hollowed
out grungy ice chest) My trailer ramps still need to go on a diet.  I need to
get creative with chairs and a work table.  Ditto spare wheels and tires,
jacks and jack stands.  I'm leaning toward this stuff staying on the tow
vehicle along with the drivers suit, etc. ............Ed Weldon