[Land-speed] Dumb Question #4388

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun Sep 25 08:39:01 MDT 2011

Ok, time for me to ask another really dumb sh*t question. This one
concerns crankshafts.  I have a crank that I am going o use because the
one I have is injured. The counter weights are pretty rough so I plan to
buff them down a bit before having it reground.  After doing that I said
to myself, why not coat it with glyptal, at least on the non journal
surfaces. Bu, the collective wisdom of the list is great so I though I
better ask... is there a down side to doing this? Seems to me this would
help a lot in oil shedding.

Thoughts? Experiences? Other better methods?

Thanks in advance...

mayf