[Land-speed] Correction to newbie article

Askotto at aol.com Askotto at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 12:43:05 MST 2011

Some of you have responded to my article and I'm revising it seems  as the
lines are no longer the problem that they were when I ran in 06.   The third
track took care of the problem.

Gee, I remember when I recommended a third track on this very list  back in
06 and everybody laughed me off the list siting how it would never work
and all the reasons why it could never work.  Anybody else remember when I
recommended it and the overwhelming response I got to the negative???
Dahlgren?  Ed Weldon? The old guy in the timing booth,  Gene??

Guess who's laughing as all the stupidity now?

Contrary to overwhelming belief, I'm good for the sport.  How  did 3 tracks
work out for you?  I even layed them out just the way they  ended up. Did I
ever get credit?  No, the contrary, you all  laughed at me. I understand
what it takes to put a successful event  together and how to keep EVERYBODY
happy, year round.  I didn't become a  self made millionaire by making stupid
decisions but you don't want my  help.  No problem. I'm back to my first
love, drag racing and turning low  9's in a steel Model A street legal coupe.
You should see the improvements  I put into the track.  Everybody loves them.

You do have to admit, I bring EXCITEMENT to the list!!!  Ok,  go back to
being bored, mad and negative.  You all relish in  it.
See ya, again!