[Land-speed] Intake Manifold Question(s)

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun Jun 5 10:55:54 MDT 2011

Plenum is to be made from 4 in sq tube, 1/8 wall for a 3.75 sq inside
dim. and about 14 inches long. That covers all the runners and provides
about 196 cubic inches. Plus the TB mount on the side will hang out a
couple of inches for a few more cubic inches. And the motor will have a
new smaller displacement. Will come pretty close to 2/3 displacement
size. Important? I don't know. Wont be the first thing I have tried that
didn't pan out, lol.

Curious as to the technical aspect of why some roughness or smoothness
is needed. Seems to me that the smoother the walls the smoother the flow
because of boundary layer thniness, ie velocity profile is improved.
Again, I have no real insight to this though.

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed