[Land-speed] Charles Nearburg

NT788 at comcast.net NT788 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 19:11:44 MST 2011

I didn't remove the question mark after thrust, put a period.I:E "I call what a tire does thrust."

Jack

I am on Jack's side here. Traction control Motec or otherwise will save you
from hurting tires but will never make it faster. Ack went 394 or so out the
back with 1 tire and I can promise there is no traction control there. Aero
is everything in the end and frontal area is right there with it. The old
V^3 problem.. if it has some suspension even better a solid suspension turns
the tires into an undamped spring and harder to control than might be
initially thought. For it to work the track has to be perfectly flat and
smooth, problem is nothing is perfectly flat and smooth. Ever drive a car
with bad shocks? same thing only at a more exciting pace.
Dave